This is a unique opportunity to get up close and personal with the mightiest Big Cat of them all – the King of the Jungle - the mighty African Lion.
You will go behind the scenes and feed some of our Lions, including our White Lions as well as our elusive Tiger (if she lets you) through special apertures in their enclosures. We give all our lions the opportunity to come and meet you - and have something to eat! It’s the thrill of a lifetime and absolutely safe.
Our specially trained keeper will accompany you and give you lots of information about Lions & Tigers – not only ours here in the zoo but also their wild relations. Questions are welcome.
Onlya few people each day will be able to take part in this wonderful experience so you will need to book your Encounter in advance by email or phone.
- Prepared meat pieces for the Cats.
- Safety tongs for feeding the Cats.
- 15 minutes of Big Cat time.
- Access to one of our specially trained keepers to learn more about these wonderful animals.
- Photo opportunities galore – bring your own camera.
You Don't Get
- Admission to the zoo.
- A Lion to take home!
10am, 12.30pm & 3pm daily
- Only four people will be admitted per encounter
- You must be 8 years of age or over.
- Children under the age of 8 will not be admitted to the compound. You will need to
have adult supervision for your non- participating littlies in the public viewing area.
- You must not have open sores on your body - keep covered.
- You must promptly obey every instruction of the keeper or your experience will be
- Payment is required on arrival at the zoo.
- There will be no refunds if you fail to attend at your booked time or if your experience has to
be terminated by the keeper.
Big Cat Encounter